Googling Myself

    This week I decided I wanted to do a sort of background check on myself so I looked up my name and other things about me. When I googled myself using the recommended ways to search for yourself on Google, I did not find a lot but what I did find is scary. I did not find anything when I just searched my name except my old twitter account, my pictures, and that’s it, nothing more. Same thing when I added on the city that I lived in. When I looked up my address I found my house, which wasn’t surprising to me, but when I looked up my Email address I found my facebook and a picture that I never expected to see again. Then my phone number didn’t yield anything at all. I expected to see more stuff, but I was disappointed. However, when I searched up my parents I found nothing on my dad, to my surprise, but I found my mother’s business and a picture of her when I looked up her phone number. I’d say I’m doing fine with information privacy because there is not a lot of stuff out there on me and my parents, so all I have to do is look forward in life and make sure not to post anything because as I learned today, you can find almost anything on the internet.

Comments