Fences Inspiration
The picture above is an art piece of a tree with an apple chained to the trunk, which demonstrates the relationship between a father and son in the 1950s using the metaphor: “The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree” as inspiration. As the chain can be used as an image of protection or restraint just like a relationship with one’s father, I believe this accurately depicts these relationships, as when I was researching this topic I came across plenty of research papers and studies that showed there is a direct correlation between how a father raises a son, and the child’s mental state and future life. I created this from being inspired after reading the incredible play: Fences. In the artifact above this relationship is demonstrated by a chain connecting the tree(father) and apple(son), which can be viewed in different ways depending on the perspective one chooses to view it with. A chain is a sequence of iron linked together forming a stron...
.png)
Comments
Post a Comment